AUTHENTIC VISION GMBH
Authentic Vision GmbH
Commercial Register No.: FN 386580 a
VAT Identification Number: ATU67525056
tel: +43 720 98 44 60
This app is built by Authentic Vision, an may be called and branded as CheckifReal, Authentic Vision, or adapted to the look and feel of one of our customers. In order for us to be able to provide you with a fast and easy scan as well as further services, we collect information.
1. Information we collect
Information we collect can be divided into three basic categories:
a) Information you choose to give us.
When you interact with our services, we collect the information that you choose to share with us. Some versions of our services may require you to setup an account. In that case, we will need some details about you, such as username and password you’d like to use, as well as your email address. If you choose to scan and authenticate a product, you’ll also provide us with the information about what products you interact with and might own. When you contact our support or submit an incident report through the app, we will collect all information you volunteer to send us.
b) Information we get when you use our services.
When you use our services, we collect information about how you’ve used them. Here’s a fuller explanation of the types of information we collect when you use our services:
- Usage Information. We collect information about your activity through our services. For example, we may collect information about how you interact with the service, such as how often you use the app to authenticate and how many different products you authenticate
- Device Information. We collect device-specific information, such as the hardware model, operating system version, advertising identifier, unique application identifiers, unique device identifiers, browser type, language, wireless network, and mobile network information
- Camera and Photos. In order for authentication to work, our app requires access to your device’s camera. The app will not work and you will not be able to authenticate unless we can access your camera. Certain functions, for instance “incident report” require access to photos from the locations your camera stores its photos.
- Location Information. When you use our services we may collect information about your location. With your consent, we may also collect information about your precise location using methods that include GPS, wireless networks, cell towers, Wi-Fi access points, and other sensors, such as gyroscopes, accelerometers, and compasses.
c) Information we collect from Third Parties
We may collect or receive information from other companies that are owned by us. We also use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, to assist us in improving the Service.
2. How we use information
There are several reasons we need the access and information that we request and collect.
On the most fundamental level, our service does not work without access to your device’s camera, so we need some of the information to deliver and operate the service.
The other information we use to develop maintain, protect, extend and constantly improve our service. Some other examples of how we may use your information:
- We may personalise and contextualise the service, for instance by using your precise location (if, you’ve agreed to us collecting that data).
- We may send you communications, including by push notifications or by email. For example, we may use email to respond to support inquiries or to share information about our products, services, and promotional offers that we think may interest you.
- We may also store some information locally on your device. For example, we may store the image you take for a “customer report” on your device.
- We may improve ad targeting and measurement, including through the use of your precise location data (again, if you’ve consented to us collecting that data).
- We may use information we’ve collected from cookies and other technology to enhance the services and your experience with them.
- We may diagnose or fix technology problems
- We may enforce our Terms of Service and other usage policies.
3. Sharing of Your Information
We may share information about you with our business partners, service providers, our customers and the general public. We may also share information about you with third parties for legal reasons, with governments and other authorities. Some examples of what information we may share:
- information about how users in general, or a certain group of users have used the service
- any authentication scan and the related datapoints that are related and have been gathered in the course of that scan, such as location, duration, content
- any information that relates to your installation id (for instance number of scans, type of products scanned)
- content that you have submitted, for instance through “customer report” or “customer contact”
We may also share with third parties—such as advertisers—aggregated, non-personally identifiable, or de-identified information.
Third-Party Content and Integrations
The services may also contain third-party links and search results, include third-party integrations, or offer a co-branded or third-party-branded service. Through these links, third-party integrations, and co-branded or third-party-branded services, you may be providing information (including personal information) directly to the third party, us, or both. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for how those third parties collect or use your information. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of every third-party website or service that you visit or use, including those third parties you interact with through our services.
Analytics Services Provided by Others
Storage of your information
Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in any country in which Authentic Vision or any of its Service Providers operate facilities.
4. Your choices about your Information
You shall be in control of your information, and you can control your information by using one or more of the following options.
- You may revoke any permission you gave our app, by managing permissions on your phone. As noted above, you may not opt out of camera permissions because the app will not work without it.
- You may also unsubscribe from receiving any push notification by going to the settings menu and opting out.
- You can uninstall our app at any point in time
How long we keep your User Content:
- After you stopped using our service, Authentic Vision or any of its partners or Service Providers may retain information related to your usage, for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
5. Children’s Privacy
Our services are not intended for—and we don’t direct them to—anyone under 13. And that’s why we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 13.
6. Other websites and services
We are not responsible for the practices employed by any websites or services linked to or from our Service, including the information or content contained within them. Your browsing and interaction on any third-party website or service, including those that have a link from our service, are subject to that third party’s own rules and policies. In addition, you agree that we are not responsible and do not have control over any third-parties that you authorize to access your User Content. If you are using a third-party website or service and you allow them to access your User Content you do so at your own risk.
7. How to contact us